Start a new topic
Implemented

Spotify or deezer.

Hello it would be nice if there could be an application like Spotify or deezer.

8 people like this idea

I'm a also frustrated that because after the last update the Last.fm Last Track app that it was the last workaround of showing some data from Spotify has been pulled from the Lametric Store. It is a bit dissapointing that there is no way to have native support of Spotify like showing current track etc.

That said, there is a quick and dirty workaround through IFFTT:

You can make an applet with the IFFT function for Spotify "new recently played track" that could trigger a display notification on Lametric. does not work that flawlessly but it is better than nothing. 

It's 2021, I still cannot make my LaMetric Time to display the current track info, when playing music/podcasts with Spotify iOS. • my phone that I play tracks with is: iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15.1 • my LaMetric Time’s software is updated to the newest available 2.2.2 I usually play my Spotify iOS, connected to my Sonos WiFi speakers, but that doesn’t matter, as I also often play my Spotify with my iPhones speakers only. None of the Spotify apps on the LaMetric Time’s App Store, can manage to successfully show track information, whenever I play tracks with my Spotify iOS. Anyone perhaps knows whether there’s a solution to this issue yet? Thank you guys in advance for your feedback! I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, Yashakur

1 person likes this

Hey, I have the problem with my iphone X. The  spotify application does not allow me to login. How can I do this? Thanks Danila

Transfer your tracks and playlists to Apple Music, Spotify, Google Music and more for free with MusConv tool - http://www.MusConv.com

I hope this is implemented very soon.

That would be great! Dear LaMetric-Team, do you think that its possible? Thanks

• yeah I think too it should be an official la metric Spotify app.....! its really a great  use of this device

Why La Metric don't support your app ? Hard to say ...

1 person likes this

Hello Billy,

Thank you for the great job you made and for making a Github to keep your great project alive.

Sorry everyone, Spotify's rate limiting is too much for this app and I don't have good enough, inexpensive servers to handle the project. For the app to be as accurate and useful as possible, it has to update as much as possible. The minimum for LaMetric is 5 seconds.

Spotify managed to rack up 486 downloads on the LaMetric store.

That's obviously 486 requests to my server every 5 seconds. It just couldn't handle it, and I have more important projects that require the processing power. Also, Spotify understandably rate limits their API, so I can only get information from Spotify for a limited amount of users.

I changed the time to 1 minute intervals, which still didn't help with the rate limiting, as it's still 486 requests a minute.

I have open sourced the project on GitHub, here. You can set up your own application and server infrastructure if you have experience with that. For non-developers, I'm sorry, but I don't think a Spotify nor Deezer app is possible without the app being unreliable.

2 people like this

hmmm its still not working great any updates or effort in this? or is it a dead project :(

works again for now

hi sadly now it stoped working completly, it only displays too many requests

I agree with you Dan and i really hope Spotify will help Billy.

...that would be propably a good solution.... or even better Team up with Spotify to geat a Special API for this since i belive this app will become huge sucess and ist an top plus for spotify and a win win Situation !

Still the App i use now Mostly on my Device since i ever wished having such a Monitor for my Music!

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment