Start a new topic
Answered

Stuck on Start Up - After running for 6 months 24/7

Morning,

I quick note - our Lametric is currently stuck on the four loading squares, its been running 24/7 for the last 6 months and then all of a sudden reverted to the loading sequence in a loop. Rebooting/Reset does not fix it so I'm assuming a flash of software is required (although its up to date).

I thought i would do a quick post on it, in case any others have experienced the same.

Andy

Best Answer

Apologies for the inconvenience.

When such case occurs, you need to recover firmware to the original version. Please do the following steps:

1. Power off the device.
  2. Enter recovery menu by powering on the device while holding both Volume UP and Action buttons (video).
  3. In the menu choose "restore" (not "reset").
  4. Wait until device reboots and try to connect to wi-fi.

Sometimes "restore" might not work for the first time, please repeat steps described above one more time.

After that try updating the firmware to the latest via USB.

@Andrew, Great it works again! 

For any questions please contact us at support@lametric.com

Just after i sent the previous post i gave it one last try with the software update and reboot - this failed again but a restore then worked so the device is back up and running :)

Andy

Hi - just a bounce to see if there is an option to fix this  - i can mount the unit but flashing the current firmware simply goes back to the loop of the four flashing dots. 

It was running fine until the latest update - so any thoughts would be good as our unit has been out of action for a month now and it would be great to get it back up and running.

Andy

Sadly both reboot and flashing the latest software fail - the Lametric is still stuck on a loop of the four flashing dots and 'Lametric' every 5 seconds.

Any thoughts or advice would be great,

Andy

Answer

Apologies for the inconvenience.

When such case occurs, you need to recover firmware to the original version. Please do the following steps:

1. Power off the device.
  2. Enter recovery menu by powering on the device while holding both Volume UP and Action buttons (video).
  3. In the menu choose "restore" (not "reset").
  4. Wait until device reboots and try to connect to wi-fi.

Sometimes "restore" might not work for the first time, please repeat steps described above one more time.

After that try updating the firmware to the latest via USB.

Login or Signup to post a comment