Start a new topic
Answered

DLSpeed app configuration

I just downloaded the DLSpeed app and tried to make it work.

It works so far but once the script has checked my DL/UP speed it gives me the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./RouterData.py", line 53, in <module>
    info = urllib2.urlopen(req, context=gcontext).read()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
    return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 423, in open
    protocol = req.get_type()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 285, in get_type
    raise ValueError, "unknown url type: %s" % self.__original
ValueError: unknown url type: YOURPATH3

I am not sure what to put in here:

token = "YOURTOKEN"

mypath = "YOURPATH" + MYVERSION

As the developer says in the app description I should try the forums, well.... I am trying now.

I hope someone here knows the answer to this.

Best Answer

Okay, 

I tried your icons (a7465 and a7463) and I found a bug - I set the icon for the upload wrong. It's fixed now.

I pushed the fix to the GitHub repository and you can download it. After that, set

dl_icon = "a7463"

and

ul_icon = "a7465"

and it works.

I'm actually not sure how this app ever worked for anybody besides the author - afaik to update the contents of an app from your server, you need the access token of the person who created the app. I can easily update my own apps, but for any other app I get "wrong api key".

If you're interested I could write a small tutorial in the next days

That would be quite nice. Thank you mate.

Here you go, I wrote a small tutorial:

Show Download and Upload speed on your LaMetric Time

1 person likes this

Sorry for replying late on your tutorial, but I had quite a lot to do.

First of all thanks for your tutorial on this.

I followed your steps and it works like a charm. I am currently fiddling around with trying to automate the run of the script on my OS X server, but that's another problem.

One thing which I noticed is that the icons I chose in my created app are not the ones used for displaying on the Lametric.

Specifically the download icon, because this one is green and not animated. I chose an animated red arrow for the download icon. I saw in the python script that the icons are included there. It was something like "i_120". But when I changed that to the number of the animated red error the script gave me an error.

Do you know why this happens and how I can change the icons?

Normally it should work, if you replace the values for dl_icon and ul_icon in the script - did you use the correct values? I used i402 and i120, without "_" - as far as I can see, animated icons start with an "a". Can you post your icon IDs, than I can try it?

Hm I tried it with a after your post, but that doesn't work too.

I tried to use 7465 and 7463. It's a red and green animated arrow.

Answer

Okay, 

I tried your icons (a7465 and a7463) and I found a bug - I set the icon for the upload wrong. It's fixed now.

I pushed the fix to the GitHub repository and you can download it. After that, set

dl_icon = "a7463"

and

ul_icon = "a7465"

and it works.

Yep it works now. Thanks man.

Now I only have to figure out why it's not starting automatically. :D

Login or Signup to post a comment