Start a new topic

Huge Data Usage - and no support

Hi all

Did anyone of you watch the traffic that LaMetric Time produces? I have a new WiFi setup that allows me to see which device consumes the most bandwidth - My LaMetric is one of the leechers in the house.

I have already opened a ticket:

https://help.lametric.com/support/tickets/23278

Which has been closed without really solving anything. First, no reaction at all for a few days, then some apologies. I sent in the logs and got the answer that GMail would be the culprit. No way, it's not installed. Even after a factory reset the device downloaded 45 MB in 15 minutes!

Are you experiencing similar things? Anyone able to sniff the traffic it produces?

Cheers

André

I noticed the same, and have asked about it before... They never implemented any kind of caching on the device, it makes a HUGE amount of DNS queries for the same things over and over. Finally blocked mine from talking outside by giving it a DHCP reservation and then blocking that IP in the firewall, then made some overly complicated NAT rules to redirect it's DNS and NTP requests to my own in-house server which caches. I think they've almost abandoned the product development at this point and are more interested in the 20min of fame competing in the Phillips Hue product space of LED panels you arrange on your wall. The product could be so much more, but I guess thier bored with it :-(

1 person likes this

Hi @JP M!

We are sorry about your experience.

We'd like to help you with your case, so could you please provide more details on the issue? Any photos/video demonstrating it will be helpful. Also will be helpful to have your device's log files.

Please grab logs just after the issue has occurred.

Follow the next steps to do it:

- if you're on Android, please open "Manage Device" screen and tap menu icon, tap Support, select LaMetric you have a problem with and send an email with device information.
- if you're on iOS, tap on "Account" tab at the bottom of "Manage Device", tap on "Support", tap on the name of your LaMetric Time device and send us an email with logs attached.

Please drop an email on support@lametric.com

Best regards,

LaMetric Team

Login or Signup to post a comment