Start a new topic

Developer spotlighting or incentives

I noticed more recently there is no true incentive nor recognition of Independent developers who are creating legitimate apps or trying to. There doesn’t seem to be any vetting if an app should be in the store vs needing to be submitted as a icon. There is also no mechanism to report a broken app or abuse, just to report it to the developer. But if the developer is no longer around it’s just a dead app in the store. I would like to see a revamp of the AppStore honestly or some kind of developer recognition or incentive like a discount on products or early access etc. allow more intuitive development, the snake, game radio are prefect examples of areas developers can develop into as there is no documentation nor the possibility on adding audio to a frame, the snake game is not using the same api or framing restrictions developers have to follow so no else can’t make a legit game for the products. While I understand I’m venting, there is a lot of improvement that could be done to help the continuation of the LaMetric product line growth and I believe this lies with the independent developer that want to see these products grow.

1 person likes this idea

Hello,

I'm agree with that, "strandard" developper dont have access of the same API level. Open the firmware and plain API to all at the same level ?

The lack of a screen brightness setting is a major flaw in the device. I'm baffled as to how something so basic could have been designed in such a foolish manner. Screensaver mode is still overly bright, and any icon added to clock.clockdisplay does not show in screensaver mode. Why not raise the brightness granularity in the software? kogama squid

Clearly, the hardware can support a night mode and a day mode, with the user being able to adjust the brightness depending on the current screensaver conditions. Why deactivate API icons when the screensaver should just dim the brightness? When the garage door, for example, is open, my automated house sends a message to my LaMetric, but because of the screen saver, I don't know until the morning that there is a problem.

Login or Signup to post a comment