Start a new topic
Answered

Auto-Brightness / Still too bright..

Hello, at first.. I love my LaMetric; great gadget, cool features & design, even better sound !!!!

Looking forward to IFTT integration and all other future improvements xommunity requests, like scrollspeeds, RSS push, multiple Alarms aso ...

One thing I would like to see, is an even darker display! 

I use LaMetric as a night stand and even the lowest brightness setting is disturbing me.

Would it technically be possible, to dim even more or to totally turn off the display.. without turning of the whole gadget. That would be great!

Thanks

Q.

Best Answer

Thanks for reporting this, we will plan "Night mode" for brightness settings.

+1 Wife complains about it
Same here. We a workaround use the app notes with a blank message. This way you can switch off the display without shutting down the device. Then just press arrow button to switch to other apps.
Solved! Thanks for this community! Check latest app called "Night Mode'! Love this Gadget like my Anki Overdrive ;-)
Answer

Thanks for reporting this, we will plan "Night mode" for brightness settings.

V1.5.0  Generally needs to go much darker if its going to be used in a bedroom just the faintest glow in the dark is required.... and I should be able to adjust 'auto' level please 

Where are we with that (v1.7)? I'm about to return it because it's just too bright...

@ Etienne

With the release of the new LaMetric Time firmware (v1.7.1) screensaver and brightness issues should be fixed. Check it out!

Please make sure your smartphone app is of the latest version too.

1 person likes this

Hi!

Updated to 1.7.1 but to be honest I've a hard time seeing any difference... I was expecting the level of brightness of the moon displayed in the app Night Mode, but it's still much brighter.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Clock is still way too bright for a bed side clock. can we please have a clock screensaver app where we can adjust brightness and color of the clock digits (e.g. to put it to dark grey or dark red or something that allows one to sleep next to it who's sensitive to light). I'm about to return this device because it's useless for what I wanted it for (ntp auto-adjusted bed side clock)

1 person likes this

Yep, I confirm that with 1.7.7 we are back at higher settings for the minimum brightness.

Please revert.

Dear LaMetric team

a bit of honest feedback for you

guys, seriously. for the amount of spam emails offering your products you keep sending to existing customers (like me) and given the fact that these brightness complaints go back a long time (a year now), I think you're devoting too much (btw useless for existing customers) efforts to cross-sell and up-sell vs. spending your time to improve the product. To be honest, I think this looks a bit too money-hungry in my eyes vs. truly devoted to create a good customer experience. I'm starting to become a bit dissappointed with your product and service

I would really like to buy a couple more LaMetric Times for my home. But, given the current problems, including the brightness, these devices are not worth the price.

Hello. I'm still missing the nightmode brightness feature. Are you really planning to implement it? The device is awesome but too bright for bed room...
This seems like a simple fix. Instead of having the clock be the only screensaver, there should just be a blank/black screensaver - or “none”.
Login or Signup to post a comment